Download your brain for better campaign results
Hold the front page!
Big news just in… I, and my team of wonderful social media managers, are not psychic! For your efforts to be successfully rewarded, we need your complete buy-in.
Maximise the opportunities
It always surprises me how many people are happy to pay for social media account management, but then don’t spend the time providing the right information that could make a big difference. Sometimes I find myself struggling to get clients to give me even the basics needed, which in turn makes it difficult to maximise the opportunities available.
Of course, we do our own research before we ever meet you, but that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Our real value comes in listening to you, understanding what goals you want to achieve, and learning about your strategy and/or plan via a briefing document. But that’s not all, we also need to know about your:
- Vision, mission, values, primary activities, company history, and other vital business and brand information.
- Unique value proposition? How do you differentiate yourself from others in the field? What pain points do you address?
- Current brand identity – including colour, image, look, feel, personality and style.
- Existing online channels e.g., websites, blogs, Facebook pages, LinkedIn accounts, Twitter profile, Instagram, and YouTube channels, as well as an idea about the current activities undertaken in terms of frequency, messaging and success, or failure.
- Ideal client/audience, who they are, what they do, so some demographic and behavioural information may be useful. What we need here is for you to paint us a picture. If you have knowledge about their online behaviours and preferences, as well as their offline interactions with your brand that would be great. We also need to know about their specific customer challenges and any pain points.
- Other marketing activities/target campaigns that you are undertaking, direct mail, emailing, advertising, PR, etc., and how we can ensure consistent messaging and appropriate timings that tie everything together to ensure your audience is getting the best from your branding and marketing efforts.
- What are your specific Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and targets and how frequently and who will be responsible for measuring, monitoring, reviewing the results? Also, what tools will be used?
Ok, so right now you might be thinking that’s a huge undertaking, but remember we don’t know your business, products/services, marketplace, or industry as well as you do. So, in addition to the above list, we also require from you on a regular basis:
- Engaging facts, figures, images, text, including blogs and alerts
- Links to other sites, product/service updates, industry news
- Other great content that will help us to confidently populate your regular updates and posts
To us, social media management is a collaboration where both parties work closely together and relevant information is shared regularly. If this sounds like something you can get on board with, then we’re the right company for you. Detail is everything to us and only with your active contributions and insight can we achieve the right results for your business.
Fancy a chat over coffee, virtual or face to face give me a call on 07877760411.